So, here is my recipe for this weeks Blogger Secret Ingredient Challenge. It's the first time I participate and I'm soooo excited!!
This weeks host is Fun Fearless Foodie and I really love what she picked for BSI....
Since I love cheese. And everything with cheese in it. Or on it. Poor Mr Backwahn. He hates all kinds of cheeses, except there's a pizza under it. But it turned out that even he liked this faboulus
For 2 servings you'll need:
6 potatoes of the same size, peeled (or not. Up to you.)
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs breadcrumbs
and, of course: Parmesan.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Carefully cut the potatoes into "fans". A helpful trick is to use a cutting board edge so you don't cut them into slices. See:
3. Melt the butter. Place the potatos on a baking rack and brush them with the melted goodness. (I also added some onions. I love onions. No, I adore them.)
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and pop them in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Brush them with the butter again. Now lightly dust them with the bread crumbs.
Sprinkle them with the remaining butter. More butter. Butter is good for you. And your hips.
6. Back into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Depends on the size of your potatoes and your oven.
7. Be ready now.... it's time for the star of the evening: The cheese. (No, it's not butter. Butter is the host.)
Crumble it up and put it on top. More. A little bit more. Ok.
8. 5 minutes more in the hot oven, and.... done.
You did very well today, be proud of you.
And now, go get some red wine and toss together a nice salad to enjoy with these babies.